In just a matter of days, the world has started to feel infinitely smaller while the Coronavirus spreads. Schools are shutting down, business owners are working to keep their doors open, and let’s just say it: we can’t find toilet paper anywhere! While we figure out what our new normal looks like for a few weeks, I wanted to take an opportunity to chat with you, my amazing clients, about how the Coronavirus is impacting work here at Helena Goessens Photography.
Because I work closely with newborns, small children and pregnant women (who are all vulnerable at this time), it is my duty to ensure all clients are protected during their photo session with me. Additionally, since most of my work is not in a studio, I have much more flexibility and less to worry about carrying germs on!
Due to the current corona virus outbreak, I have introduced some extra safety measures, in addition to my current measures. All clients must adhere to this prep guide prior to and during their session with me, which I’m sure you will understand.
Before your session:
- If you or your child feel unwell (even mildly) before your session, please contact me as soon as possible to reschedule. I understand this may be an inconvenience, but it is of utmost importance that I do not allow any virus at this time due to the vulnerable condition of my other clients.
- Please ensure you wash your hands well for at least 20 seconds before leaving your house
- Please bring your own snacks/food to eat or drink during the session.
During your session:
- Contact will be minimal and hand shaking is not recommended
- If you feel the need to cough, please cover your mouth/face with your elbow and apply hand sanitizer
- Please note: If anyone attending the session appears to have a cough, fever or other symptoms of a virus, I will need to ask to postpone the session with no exceptions. It is important to let me know in advance if you are feeling unwell so I can reschedule your session to another time.
After your session:
- If you become unwell within 7 days after your session, please let me know immediately even if you feel it is only mild.
If you need to reschedule, please let me know as soon as possible. Whether you’re feeling a bit under the weather or would rather stay home and away from germs, please let me know. If you’re sure you’re sick, I’d highly encourage you to reschedule your session for as soon as you’re well again. It’s not worth taking any chances. Additionally, if you’ve been traveling to Europe, China, or any of the other locations in the States with known outbreaks within the last few weeks, I would recommend rescheduling to be sure everyone stays healthy. We will chat and find sometime new to get you on the calendar! Your health (and mine) are the number one priorities.
Props and Sanitation:
Since I mostly shoot on location, I don’t have too many props in my office. For the newborn sessions I do use props or outfits for, they are regularly cleaned and washed. That has been the case forever – not just since the outbreak. Rest assured, everything will be thoroughly sanitized before use during your session! I encourage you to be extra vigilant during lifestyle sessions. Make sure your door knobs, furniture, and counters have been wiped down.
On Location Sessions:
Since I photograph a lot of families during the Spring with bigger children, I usually do not have to be as close to pose or touch you or your family. Both of those things are great news! There’s a bit more flexibility in our work together with larger outdoor spaces for distancing. Please keep in mind, though, everyone’s health and safety is most important so again, if you feel you may be sick at all, we can easily reschedule!
The Coronavirus is scary. Perhaps mostly because everyone’s lives have been flipped around for who knows how long. But together, we will make it through. I encourage you to do your best to stay healthy, wash your hands, and not panic. We’ll get through this, I promise you.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
I am looking forward to seeing you!
about helena goessens photography
Helena Goessens is a maternity, newborn and family photographer based in Dedham, MA. She loves to work with families and little ones in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Her style is simple and natural and she specializes in capturing those special moments to savor a lifetime. Helena Goessens offers sessions in the comfort of clients homes, outdoors and on location for those special occasions. If you are looking for a newborn portrait photographer for your next family session, be sure to browse through her newborn portfolio and inquire for availability. Contact her at email@example.com or call her at 617-584-9891. For more of her work, visit her website at helenagoessens.com.